Diversity and Inclusion in Community Building
Erica McGillivray spends a ridiculous amount of time being geeky, both professionally and personally. At Moz, she’s the senior community manager, wrangling 500,000+ people and co-running their annual conference MozCon. Erica also is a founder of GeekGirlCon, is a published author, and has a comic book collection that’s an earthquake hazard. Follow her at @emcgillivray.
What makes our digital age incredible is the ability to connect with people from around the world. However, bringing people together from a plethora of backgrounds, even for a shared interest, can cause friction. Erica McGillivray, Senior Community Manager at Moz, will show you:
– How to build your community with intent on inclusion
– Why diversity will serve to make your community stronger and more vibrant
– How to set up rules and etiquette to help you manage, grow, and moderate your community
– What to do when mistakes happen on the brand side
– Ways to level up on conflict resolution to work out problems and misunderstanding in your community
– Self-care for community managers who’ve had a rough day
We suggest this webinar is for
Get on board!